Wednesday, 13 June 2007

Different Perspectives

"Lost in Space" is one of my favourite Lighthouse Family songs. Depending on your perspective, or mood, it's a great love song.. or a song about spiritual faith..

"Sometimes I get tired of this me-first attitude
You are the one thing that keeps me smiling
That's why I'm always wishing hard for you

'Cause your light shines so bright
I don't feel no solitude
You are my first star at night
I'd be lost in space without you

And I'll never lose my faith in you
How will I ever get to heaven, if I do

Feels just so fine
When we touch the sky me and you
This is my idea of heaven
Why can't it always be so good?

But it's all right, I know you're out there
Doing what you've gotta do
You are my soul satellite
I'd be lost in space without you

And I'll never lose my faith in you
How will I ever get to heaven, if I do

And I'll never lose my faith in you
How will I ever get to heaven, if I do.."

9 comments:

  1. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! This is one of my fave Lighthouse Family songs as well!!!

    ^_______________________________^ This song always reminds me of a certain friend who also loves that song. When we were still single, we used to drive around Bandung and she'd put Lighthouse Family CD in her car's CD player. I don't understand why this song always brought back the memory of a rainy afternoon/evening with her...yet the song ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm flying, floating in space...YUM YUM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how some songs connect you back so strongly, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Lighthouse Family. It sounds pretty spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, indeed!

    Songs can really bring us back to the past. :-)))

    Another one that always brings me to the past is: A Whole New World. Another friend LOVES that song so much that a few times in the past (after we both memorized the lyric), she asked me to sing Peabo's part whereas she'd sing Regina's part. LOL! Wonderful memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY Great Minds Think ALIKE! I just posted a blog about songs too :) and now I'm reading your blog, this is way too cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff

    Never heard of them? :-O You got to look them up! They've got some great songs.

    Amel
    Ahh, that's nice. Another lovely song too.

    Hi Mother Hen
    I'm coming to take a look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness Michelle! I love this song, and you post it on the day that I can't get through to Brazil on the phone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited you commented on my blog so I was able to find you!

    It appears that we are very similar spiritually, which is always a thrilling discovery for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Epi
    Wow, that is kind of weird. I hope you got through to Brazil eventually.

    HollyGl

    Me too. :-)

    ReplyDelete