Saturday, 1 October 2011

Five on Friday.. Late on Saturday! ;-)

...
Travis runs a fun Friday idea that I ALWAYS forget. So I'm giving up and just cheating and using it for a fun weekend blog post.


1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.

Trav's theme this Friday is water and that set my brain straight back to a favourite song from my teenage years... and that led to another... and another...

So.. here are my five water songs, from my "youth". ;-)

A frighteningly young Rod Stewart for my first teenage memory...




Next - Styx "Boat on the River"... I must have been about 14? I remember singing this to myself on the river edge (family picnics), sitting doing embroidery and writing long melodramatic poems about doomed love, magic and dragons. (I'd just discovered The Lady of Shallot and La Belle Dame Sans Merci)



ahhh, last year of school and 'the' fashion statement was Tropical Paradise. My best friend had this gorgeous tropical print dress and I had a skirt with big tropical flowers on the border. Even the boys were wearing tropical shirts and seashell necklaces.



The ultimate magical water video, for me... Enya!



... and finally, one of my favourite musicians as a teen and still one of my favourite singers - John Denver.



3 comments:

  1. Great song choices, Michelle! "Boat on the River" and "Calypso" are both favorites of mine too. This post brought back some fun memories. I hope you have a nice weekend! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daisy

    I would have liked Montego Bay too, but Travis had already nabbed that one.

    Having a nice quiet rainy afternoon here. :-) Hope your weekend is relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices! And you can play any time you like!

    ReplyDelete