Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I am truly delighted, because my dear friend Mimi is such a "liebster" herself. :-)
Okay... so the rules for the award are:
A. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
B. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you.
C. give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
D. Choose 11 people and link them in your post and tell them you’ve tagged them.
Remember, no tag backs.
I've done one of these before, so I'll try to find some new quirky fun facts. ;-)
1. I like bats, I love watching them fly.
2. I'm clumsy - I'm the one in the room most likely to spill food and drink on herself.
3. I'm far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other, so I can never see 3D stuff.
4. I collect stones and pebbles from everywhere I go. I have way too many hidden around the house.
5. I like to sing songs meowing like a cat.
Yes, this is insane, but it's lots of fun and way easier than trying to remember the lyrics. Try it... I dare you! ;-)
6. I don't remember numbers - phones, appointments, birthdays... all vanish!
7. I love jigsaw puzzles.
8. The weirdest thing I've ever eaten was pickled shark. It actually tasted nice... until I knew what it was.
9. I click my toes when I'm thinking and I wriggle them when I'm happy. I have emoti-toes! ;-D
10. I read magazines from wherever I open them that looks interesting. I never start at the beginning.
11. When I was 10 I had a pet Guinea Pig I named 'Cavity', because he was constantly hungry.
B. 11 Questions from Mimi that I have to Answer:
1. What is the nearest book to you? Your Kindle does not count.
"Circle of Light" by Emily Ann Roesly :-)
2. When is the last time you took a "me" vacation?
Literally? Never. But I do take "me" time off every day.
3. How many telephone numbers do you have?
One... and I still never remember it!
4. If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
Teach respect and self-respect - without that basic foundation all the rest means nothing.
5. Are you a big tipper?
It depends how far over the edge I lean.
6. Do you watch any Reality shows?
I watch talent shows, for the magic moments...
7. Who is your favourite sports team player?
Oh gosh... I'm not one to favour a single player, but if I have to choose it would be Jonty Rhodes from South African Cricket, because he was such a brilliant player, he's a really nice guy, always gave 101% and on top of it all he has epilepsy. A really fantastic role model.
8. If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why?
Ahh, easy. :-) I'd travel here...
9. When is the last time you sat in a church?
My mom-in-law's funeral, April 2011. Lovely little church on the banks of the River Ness.
10. Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?
The new blogger keeps eating my paragraph spacing and has made posting YouTube videos the correct size a nightmare.
11. When someone follows you on their blog or subscribes to your Facebook page, do you automatically follow and subscribe back?
I used to, but nowadays I sometimes don't get to check everyone.
C. 11 Random Questions for You to Answer
1.What is the most recent wild bird you heard or saw?
2. What is the most recent flower or tree you stopped to touch or look at?
3. What colour always makes you smile?
4. What is your favourite wild flower?
5. What is on your computer desk, or kitchen worktop, right now that is kind of unusual?
6. What was your favourite TV show, or book, when you were young/a kid?
7. Do you ever sing silly songs to make yourself or others laugh?
8. What is your favourite colour for shoes?
9. What baby wild animal do you think is the cutest of all?
10. Which do you prefer - seaside, river or lake?
11. Do you listen to the radio?