I was browsing a friend's blog, Kerry of the Jade Gryphon's Tavern. I reached his post on photos of shops from around the world and recognised one from Edinburgh instantly. The rest were all strange and "exotic" to me. That got me thinking... when I first arrived here every Scottish shop seemed exotic and it was similar for my husband when he came to Africa and saw typical African shops.
So, here is my challenge, my meme, if you will:
show me your shops!
1. Show me where you buy your everyday goods - groceries, etc.
2. Show me your unique shops - the ones special to your area or country.
3. Show me your quaint or quirky - the shops that are one of a kind.
Here are my choices (click on photos for bigger views):
1. Yes, This is a post office, but it also sells some very nice baked goods and it has some lovely cards and gifts crammed into that small space too. Plus there's the window for local messages/adverts and the bus stop.
2. A Kilt shop - can't get more Scottish than that!
3. For Quirky I'm picking a true gem - a shop of Automata. No idea what that means? Go check their website here. You will be enchanted!