Wednesday 30 May 2007

Who am I?


Who am I?

I am Crow. :-)

But lately I have forgotten that, until Crow used ShastriX to remind me.

When I first started moving from being a (unorthodox) Christian towards Shamanism I asked God's opinion if the path I was choosing was the right one. In Dance I told the story of how I received a Crow from Jesus in a meditation. I told briefly what Crow means to some Native American people, but lately I'd forgotten what it means to me to be Crow.

Quote:

If you have a crow as a totem, you need to be willing to walk your talk and speak your truth. You must put aside your fear of being a voice in the wilderness and "caw" the shots as you see them. Crow is an omen of change. If he keeps appearing to you he may be telling you that you have a powerful voice when addressing issues that you do not quite understand or feel that they are out of balance.

Crow is the sacred keeper of the law. Crow medicine signifies a firsthand knowledge of a higher order of right and wrong than that indicated by the laws created in human culture. With Crow medicine, you speak in a powerful voice when addressing issues that for you seem out of harmony, out of balance, out of whack, or unjust.

When you learn to allow your personal integrity to be your guide, your sense of feeling alone will vanish. Your personal will can then emerge so that you will stand in your truth. The prime path of true Crow people says to be mindful of your opinions and actions. Be willing to walk your talk, speak your truth, know your life’s mission, and balance past, present, and future in the now. Shape shift that old reality and become your future self. Allow the bending of physical laws to aid in creating the shape shifted world of peace.


Thank you Shastri, and thank you Crow. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. WOW, that's DEEP!!!

    I don't know much about shamanism but I like deep thoughts he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amel

    There are many different kinds of what people call "Shamanism", but at its most basic it is seeing God in Nature and believing that God speaks to you through Nature.

    So, to someone who followed shamanic teachings they might see a bird or a sunset as a message from God. Not very different to God speaking through a burning bush maybe? ;-)

    A "shaman" is like a priest. I'm not trying to be a shaman, I just like the nature-God connection in shamanism. I suppose the closest I can describe it is that I'm a follower of Jesus walking a shamanic path. :-))

    PS.. my first post here - DANCE. I explained what I saw that day I asked God for his opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...I see. :-)))) Yeah, the only image I have of a shaman is the image I get from Hollywood movies he he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just sitting here all teared up reading this post, your selected quotes... and just all of it. I seem to be a few years behind your walk, but nonetheless, on the same path. I read first the post about "Who Am I"... and it blew me away. Many years ago, I too looked up the crow totem, and way back in college when taking a course in World Mythology I made my own totem out of clay. It was a Raven/Crow figure which I still have. I was raised in a strong Christian background, and until about 4 years ago knew firmly who I was and what I was about. Since this is only a comment, I should stop here, but I'm having some very disturbing struggles with who I am today regarding my once followed Christianity, and my many questions - for example, "How does a single religious following presume that they are the only way to the truth?" What audacity and impossible thing is that? I know I'm a late bloomer where actively (and I think bravely, in the face of my Christian family and friends) speaking my truth as far as questioning the religion of my youth, but better late than never. Your example of Jesus bringing you a living symbol of another religion's Great Spirit just stuns me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just come across this post, and so enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) Glad my sharing helps others.

    X X

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)