Wednesday 13 January 2010

First Light... First Anniversary

...
13th February 2009 I finally received copies of my new book, First Light. What an amazing exciting day that was! Since then I haven't sold as many copies as I'd hoped, but I have had reviews that went beyond my hopes and expectations. I might not be a best seller, but those who have read the book liked it. That is still a big thrill for me. :-)

To celebrate my 1st anniversary I'm posting my book video and two of my favourite reviews from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Excellent Read!
June 8, 2009: I picked up the book gingerly, wanting to like it, but afraid I wouldn't. I know and love the author's other written works. Would this one meet the challenge? Without a doubt, yes! From the start, I was drawn into the strange mystery of a world that, while it was so foreign to my concept of living, was also uncomfortably familiar... a world about hope in dark places and how one person at a time can make a huge difference. I wanted to know why the characters felt and behaved as they did. I wanted to dig deeper into the book to find the thread that pulled them together. This book kept me turning pages, eager for more. What I loved about the book is how the author wove a thread through so many lives, connecting them in unexpected ways. I sincerely hope Michelle Frost writes again if this is what she's capable of!




A book to keep your mind busy!
2 Sep 2009: In her book Michelle Frost paints a world with no hope. Or as she declares on the book's cover: a world, where colour is a crime. Oh horror! Her writing makes this unthinkable world take shape to a point so realistic that you can almost taste the dust and feel the harsh light of this world on your skin. Luckily, the colour still lives in the hearts of a few people in these alien surroundings, and it is the destinies of these few we follow throughout the pages.

The characters being so utterly vivid, almost as if you had known them forever yourself, and the very idea behind the story being woven into a pattern, where at times you know exactly where the story is headed for, only to realize on the next page that you haven't got a clue, make this book a true page turner. And Michelle keeps you guessing, of yes, she does. All the way to the last few pages, where she finally reveals her bigger picture. Which, I might add, is breathtakingly beautiful!

All in all, an extremely enjoyable read. But this book has it's downside also: it ends. Just when she finally sheds light to the true colours of the story... it's over. As luck will have it, the end leaves the door open to a sequel, and I do hope she is busily working on volume two!
...

9 comments:

  1. Has it been a year already? Gee...how time flies. Well, I hope the sale of your book goes up!!! :-D

    TWO THUMBS UP, M! I'm also trying to think of an idea to write - I want to participate in a writing contest here, but haven't found anything particular to write yet...but I still have time. We'll see...it's not going to be a novel, though, just a memory from childhood. :-D Would be another excellent practice for me in writing Finnish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh I forgot to say HAPPY 1st Anniversary! Wishing your book MANY MORE WONDERFUL anniversaries to come he he...and I've always loved that clip of yours. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Book Anniversary, Michelle! I do hope you are working on the first (in a row of many) sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    I wrote long replies to each person, hit PUBLISH and ... my computer froze up. I lost it all. :-( ARGH

    Short version...
    Everyone
    Thank you everyone for the best wishes. As for a sequel.. the story is all ready, it's just the work of typing it from brain to book that I need to get down and do now.

    Amel - GOOD LUCK with your own writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazon and B&N are two reputed & credible sources, I am sure the reviews would help promote your book. compliments!

    Pls let me know when it hits any Indian stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vasant

    I know it's available on online Indian book webshops, but so far not in shops. If that changes (and they inform me) I'll let you know, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle

    just a quick visit to say hi and to let you know i have done a wee post about the book and put a link to it on the front page of my main blog

    hope you like it

    ps many thanks for the links to my work

    love and hugs from the tin can

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you Andy. :-) What a lovely thought.

    Sending hugs and love back

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)