Tuesday 13 January 2009

FINALLY - My Book is out!

...



I received an email this afternoon to say that my book is published, as of today, January 13... lucky 13? ;-) I went and had a look and the book is up on Amazon already. They picked the cover design, but I'm okay with that - I really like their cover.

To recap - I originally found out about the publishing offer from Russell/Bassman , who is also eagerly awaiting news about his own book. The offer was from a publishing place that offers free publication to new unknown authors. It was a "first come, first served" basis. Basically they publish and you get your big chance... to swim or drown. Well here I am paddling like crazy! :-D It still doesn't feel real, but it feels GOOD ... and scary.

I promise to return and tell more about the book, but for the moment I just want to sit here and let it really sink in. :-)
...

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michelle! Well done! I can't wait to hear more about it. I went and looked at it on Amazon and started to add it to my wishlist when I realized I was at Amazon.co.uk. Ooops, I don't have an account on THAT Amazon yet!

    You've even got your first review, from a fellow Texans no less. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Now that is something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congratulations! Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations Michelle.... that's a great accomplishment..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, congrats!!!
    I'm so happy for you and i must be lucky because i've been searching for an English book in booksellers to read and this will be my first choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATSSSS!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you!!! :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How WONDERFUL ... congratulations to you. Methinks I'd sit there and stare at it too, letting it all sink in. I look forward to learning more about it, but the title is certainly intriguing ;00(
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oopps .. that's not the face I intended to end with ... guess I need to S L O W down. This is the RIGHT face!!!
    ;--)
    ;--)
    ;--)
    Hugs and blessings and lotsa smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone! Sorry I took long to reply.

    Genie
    I love my Texan friends, they're such big-hearted people. :-)

    Amias, PV, Ting
    Thank you so much for the wishes. :-)

    Ghost Dansing
    welcome to my blog and thank you! :-)

    Burcu
    Wow, really? :-D Thank you!!

    Amel and rdl
    Thank you, both of you. :-)

    Storyteller
    I've added info about my book here and started a seperate blog for my book, so that I can keep things more "tidy". I chuckled at your smiley face. I've done that, but worse still - a friend of mine accidentally typed something wrong online and turned his name into a swear word recently. Thank goodness the forum he was on has one of those filter things and it just zapped his name, but we all had a good laugh about it when he explained why his post was signed *****! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your understanding ... I'll check out the other site as time permits. Congratulations again to you on this wonderful achievement. I wish you much success.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)